Tier 2 – IT Helpdesk Associate
Marietta, GA or Alpharetta, GA
The Tier 2 IT Helpdesk Associate is responsible for providing second-level support for end-user technical issues on PCs and mobile devices as well as identifying issues related to other IT infrastructure and services and escalating them as needed. They are also responsible for handling escalations and taking handoffs from Tier 1 resources to help keep them on schedule. They will use a combination of our internal knowledge base, internet searches, and direction from senior staff to resolve issues and meet service levels. Additionally, the Tier 2 Helpdesk Associate will work with senior staff on hardware and software deployments and other projects as needed; such projects may require onsite client work.
The Tier 2 IT Helpdesk Associate will also provide support for overall Service Desk operations and assist the Service Desk Manager with reporting on Service Desk Operations.
- Respond to support requests as scheduled by the service desk manager
- Resolve or escalate customer support issues to meet service levels
- Identify trends in issues and incidents to improve service delivery
- Assist senior staff with hardware/software deployments and other projects
- Deliver first-class customer service to meet customer satisfaction metrics
Service Desk Management
- Ensure client-specific service levels are being met as well as support Service Desk Manager in proactive monitoring of SLAs as applicable
- Support production of necessary operational reporting for clients as required
- Champion service desk policies and operational procedures
Continuous Process Improvement
- Submit additions to the knowledge base to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Earn at least 1 IT certification per year in accordance with company needs and technician interest.
- Attend company functions including company meetings, community service events, and social events (e.g. happy hours) as an example for other employees and to cultivate team building
- Seek out opportunities for professional skills advancement through classes, seminars, webinars, events, self-study, etc.
- Demonstrated contributions to Abel Solutions’ marketing efforts through blog posts, insights, or other channels (such as social media)
- Assist the Abel Solutions leadership with other activities and tasks as assigned
- 3+ years experience in a technical support environment or similar experience
- Entry to mid-level IT certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server software as well as a working knowledge of networking concepts and fundamentals
- Possess professional, effective written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Persistence and willingness to learn and adapt
- Maintain a professional appearance and work ethic with prospects at all times
- Capacity to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)