The Tier 1 – Helpdesk Associate is responsible for providing first-level support for end-user technical issues on PCs and mobile devices, as well as identifying issues related to other IT infrastructure and services and escalating them as needed. They will use a combination of our internal knowledge base, internet searches, and direction from senior staff to resolve issues and meet service levels. Additionally, the Tier 1 – Helpdesk Associate will work with senior staff on hardware and software deployments and other projects as needed.
- Respond to support requests as scheduled by the service desk manager.
- Resolve or escalate customer support issues to meet service levels.
- Identify trends in issues and incidents to improve service delivery.
- Assist senior staff with hardware/software deployments and other projects.
- Deliver first-class customer service to meet customer satisfaction metrics.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Submit additions to the knowledge base to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Attend company functions, including company meetings, community service events, and social events (e.g., happy hours) as an example for other employees and to cultivate team building.
- Seek out opportunities for professional skills advancement through classes, seminars, webinars, events, self-study, etc.
- Assist the Abel Solutions leadership with other activities and tasks as assigned.
- 1+-year experience in a technical support environment or similar experience.
- Working towards or has achieved entry-level IT certification.
- Possess professional, effective written and oral communication/presentation skills.
- Persistence and willingness to learn and adapt.
- Maintain a professional appearance and work ethic with prospects at all times.
- Capacity to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and general networking concepts and equipment (IP Address, routing, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Office 365, SharePoint, Teams, etc.).