The IT Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of client solutions and will be working alongside a Program Manager at a strategic client on multiple initiatives. They develop project plans, track project tasks, help establish priorities, manage client relationships, and track project financials.
This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and management of detail project plans for client-specific solution implementations. These IT consulting projects include requirements and solution definition, solution configuration and development, data conversion/migration, development of post go-live operational processes and procedures, and on-going solution support. The candidate must possess the aptitude and tactical ability to document all guidelines, processes, methodologies and appropriate tool sets.
This position will require scheduled, onsite days (average of 2 – 3 days per week) at a client location in Marietta, GA.
Hybrid – Metro Atlanta (onsite in Marietta) and Remote
NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will have access to information subject to U.S. export controls under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or U.S. Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). Based on the sensitivity of this information, the successful candidate must be a U.S. Person, as defined by ITAR, or, in the event the applicant is not a U.S. Person, be eligible for export licenses to be obtained from the Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (“DDTC”) on a per-project basis to access ITAR and EAR controlled data and information. A “U.S. Person” includes (a) U.S. citizens or nationals; (b) U.S. lawful permanent residents (i.e., “green card” holders); (c) persons granted refugee status; or (d) persons granted asylum in the United States. Company may choose not to apply for such license at its discretion due to federal approval timing considerations.
Consulting Services Delivery
- Coordinate all aspects of technical implementation projects from analysis through implementation and support.
- Work closely with the Abel implementation staff to design and implement systems that leverage the Microsoft technology stack.
- Lead client specific project team(s), assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and monitor progress towards a timely completion of the project(s).
- Direct and develop detailed plans and schedules; ensure workplan addresses scope, approach, technical architecture and inter-team dependencies.
- Interface directly with client for project status, issue escalation and deliverable distribution.
- Ensure effective flow of communication between management, users, client and associates on the project team.
- Facilitate and drive technical issue/risk management processes.
- Ensure deliverable quality metrics and milestone dates are clear and met while managing budget.
- Identify, estimate, and explain change orders for client or third-party vendors.
- Assist with project budget management including time and expense tracking.
- Support business development activities at new account prospects, including proposal/SOW generation (bounding scope and estimating budget) and following the sales process through closure.
- Assist company leadership with the continued development of its consulting services.
- Actively engage with existing customers to identify additional needs and opportunities.
- Support business development activities at new and existing accounts, including proposal/SOW generation (bounding scope and estimating budget) and following the sales process through closure.
- Actively manage Dynamics CRM information related to accounts, contacts, opportunities and business development activities.
- Work directly with client (or prospect) to analyze business needs and translate into technical solution requirements.
- Generate detailed project cost estimates and plans.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Participate in the development of internal business processes to support company growth.
- Identify, refine, and promotes best practices in terms of deliverables, processes, and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure project excellence by exhibiting professionalism, effective communication, critical thinking, workmanship and assist in financial deliveries of client engagement.
- Attend company functions including company meetings, community service events and social events to cultivate team building.
- Assist the Abel leadership with other activities and tasks as assigned.
- 4-year BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field.
- 6 – 8 years of IT Project Management experience.
- Leadership position and responsibilities within a company or organization.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes and principles.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate plans and procedures as well as to interact with all low to mid-level personnel (up to Director level) within the client, project, and consulting services organization.
- Exceptional client management and teamwork skills; comfortable with challenging other’s ideas and working with disparate groups to bring about consensus.
- Capacity to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven track record in managing concurrent tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, changing, demanding environment with quality results.
- Exemplary analytical and critical thinking skills to assist with problem solving and business rule definition, and to identify and negotiate solutions to address project challenges.
- Ability to handle ambiguity without losing focus and to perform with minimal direction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, SharePoint and related technologies.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile implementation methodologies.
- Experience creating project-related artifacts (e.g., detailed design documents, user stories, use cases, testing/conversion plans, wireframes, overall implementation plans, etc.).
- Experience with change management and solution governance approaches and execution.