Alpharetta, GA or remote
The Developer is a hands-on role as a development engineer for Abel client engagements. This professional will work both independently and on project teams focused on delivering business solutions based on Microsoft and other related technologies for our customers.
The Developer must possess analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and understand the long-term perspective on the relationship of Microsoft technology to the business opportunities facing our customers. The candidate must have a take-charge attitude and be able to implement needed solutions. This individual must be able to handle ambiguity without losing focus. The individual must demonstrate commitment to Abel Solutions values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration, and teamwork in all efforts.
The Developer has technical knowledge gained from experience within the Microsoft technology stack as well as other object-oriented languages and cloud-based technologies. The Developer will contribute to a team project predominately focused on programming but may also be involved with design specifications and implementation of various applications as well. The Developer will work with a team typically completing various development and coding initiatives. The Developer will have worked with multiple programming languages and can adapt to new client environments and learn new technologies quickly.
Solution Engineering Delivery
- Execute all development aspects of projects from solution development through unit testing, code documentation, and solution support.
- Assist with the development of client-specific technical deliverables.
- Create test plans for developed solutions and resolve issues that are identified during the execution of said plans.
- Troubleshoot solution defects and provide solutions to address.
- Adhere to Abel Solutions defined development methodologies, toolsets, and standard operating procedures when developing client solutions.
- Review and approve code for other team members (e.g., offshore).
- Interface confidently and professionally with clients with other members of the Abel Solutions team during project execution.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Promote best practices in terms of deliverables, processes, and knowledge sharing.
- Further develop industry knowledge and expertise through continued participation in a variety of information system-related initiatives.
- Continue to achieve Microsoft Certifications in related areas.
- Ensure project excellence by exhibiting professionalism, effective communication, critical thinking, workmanship, and assist in financial deliveries of client engagements.
- Attend company functions, including company meetings to cultivate team building.
- Seek out opportunities for professional skills advancement through classes, seminars, webinars, events, self-study, etc.
- Develop new technical knowledge and professional skills to enrich the company’s overall knowledge and skills. This includes relevant Microsoft solution technologies (e.g., Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, etc.) and related 3rd party products.
- Demonstrate contributions to the technology community through social media posts, blog posts, or other thought leadership.
- Assist the Abel Solutions leadership with other activities and tasks as assigned.
- Integrate into and forge strong relationships with Abel Solutions’ teammates and leadership.
- 4-year BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of application development and implementation experience in Microsoft technologies.
- 4 to 8 years in relevant technical project experience related to Microsoft technology systems.
- Technical skills:
- Interacting with SharePoint using CSOM and REST.
- Creating and executing PowerShell to perform tasks in SharePoint and Microsoft 365.
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Power Apps including interaction with SharePoint, Power Automate, SQL, and Microsoft Dataverse.
- Experience or familiarity with implementing Power Automate Flows that interact with SharePoint and other services.
- Experience or familiarity with commonly used open-source or third-party SharePoint tools such as those from Microsoft, Layer2, PnP/PnPjs, and ShareGate.
- Ability to assess client requirements and contribute to the design of the appropriate architecture for the solution.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Exceptional communication, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Certifications in SharePoint, Microsoft 365, or related technologies.
- Capacity to multi-task, superior organizational skills, and relentless attention to detail.
- Strong track record in managing concurrent tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, changing, demanding environment with quality results.
- Experience with systems development life cycle methodologies and frameworks (e.g., Agile/Scrum, ‘Waterfall’).
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to assist with problem-solving and business rule definition.
- Handles ambiguity without losing focus and can perform with minimal direction.
- Technical skills:
- .NET Framework / .NET Core.
- Experience or familiarity with the SharePoint PnP framework.
- Experience or familiarity with SPFx (SharePoint Framework).
- Microsoft Graph API.
- Experience with Stored Procedures and SQL Queries.
- Fundamentals of IIS Web Applications.
- Import/Exporting Configuration and Data Structures.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with IIS, Active Directory, SQL Server, and Windows Server.
- Database design.
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory Integration.
- Microsoft Azure Functions.
Other Helpful Skills
- Experience with Nintex Workflow and Forms or other business process automation software.
- Working knowledge of Angular 1.