IT Systems Engineer and Consultant
The IT Systems Engineer and Consultant is responsible for monitoring, management, maintenance, and support of all aspects of client IT infrastructure and back-end services. They handle high-impact escalations, assist lower-tier support groups and address infrastructure change requests as needed. They also handle system and device patches and upgrades to ensure that systems are maximally efficient and effective. Additionally, they are also responsible for working with management to develop and maintain relevant procedures and standards, designing and defining technical solutions for projects, and implementation of infrastructure-related projects.
- Assess and resolve complex escalations from support teams and provide timely resolution.
- Resolve client change requests related to IT infrastructure and services.
- Deliver first-class customer service to meet customer satisfaction metrics.
- Monitor, manage, and maintain all aspects of client infrastructure and back-end services.
- Document client infrastructure.
- Server patching and device upgrades
- Work with other teams to design and implement infrastructure solutions for projects.
- Identify and recommend changes, upgrades, and new services for clients.
- Assist with project estimations for related projects.
- Develop project-specific deliverables as required.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Work with management to define and implement new processes, procedures, and services to improve service delivery.
- Identify, refine, and promote best practices in terms of deliverables, processes, and knowledge sharing.
- Submit additions to the knowledge base to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Earn at least one certification per year in accordance with company needs and technician interest.
- Attend company functions including company meetings, community service events, and social events (e.g., happy hours) as an example for other employees and to cultivate team building.
- Seek out opportunities for professional skills advancement through classes, seminars, webinars, events, self-study, etc.
- Demonstrate contributions to Abel Solutions’ marketing efforts through blog posts, insights, or other channels (such as social media).
- Assist the Abel Solutions leadership with other activities and tasks as assigned.
- 6-8+ years of relevant work experience
- High-level IT certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, etc.)
- High level of proficiency with modern IT systems, hardware, infrastructure, and services.
- Persistence and willingness to learn and adapt.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and work ethic.
- Capacity to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail