We are looking for an IT Project Manager with consulting experience and creative problem-solving abilities to join our exceptional team.
At Abel Solutions, we deliver information technology solutions that help our clients gain the competitive edge they need to dominate their industry. We believe in partnering with best-in-class technology solution providers to maximize our client’s investment in technology and achieve Business Excellence. Our consultants bring decades of experience and a true partnership approach to unique solutions that drive results.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of client solutions. They provide leadership to project teams to analyze requirements, define solution specifications, develop project plans, establish priorities and monitor progress. Managers have a deep area of experience in one or more areas (e.g., custom application development/systems integration, COTS delivery, etc.) and perform planning and management of tasks, manage client relationships, and manage project financials.
This position is responsible for creating, maintaining, and management of detailed project plans for client-specific solution implementations. This includes requirements and solution definition, solution configuration and development, data conversion/migration, and development of post-go-live operational processes and procedures. The candidate must possess the experience and tactical ability to document all guidelines, processes, methodologies, and appropriate toolsets.
While we support most of our clients remotely, there is always the potential for occasional on-site travel to meet with clients.
- Consulting Services Delivery
- Manage all aspects of technology implementation projects from analysis through implementation and support.
- Work closely with the Abel implementation staff to design and implement systems that leverage the Microsoft technology stack.
- Lead client-specific project team(s), assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and monitor progress towards timely completion of the project(s).
- Direct and develop detailed plans and schedules; ensure workplan addresses scope, approach, technical architecture, and inter-team dependencies.
- Interface directly with client(s) for project status, issue escalation, and deliverable distribution.
- Ensure effective flow of communication between management, users, client, and associates on the program/project team.
- Facilitate and drive technical issue/ risk management processes.
- Develop staff through mentoring, provision of input into annual processing, and corrective action.
- Ensure deliverable quality metrics and milestone dates are clear and met while managing the budget.
- Identify, estimate, and explain change orders for client(s) or third-party vendors.
- Assist with project budget management including time and expense tracking.
- Support business development activities at new account prospects, including proposal/SOW generation (bounding scope and estimating budget) and following the sales process through closure.
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Participate in the development of internal business processes to support the company as it grows.
- Identify, refine, and promotes best practices in terms of deliverables, processes, and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure project excellence by exhibiting professionalism, effective communication, critical thinking, workmanship, and assist in financial deliveries of client engagement.
- Attend company functions including company meetings, community service events, and social events (e.g. happy hours) as an example for other employees and to cultivate team building.
- As assigned, manage direct reports include coaching, training, prioritizing tasks, career planning, handling personnel issues, and conducting performance reviews; particularly ensuring consistency across positions and identifying people who are ready for promotion and providing constructive criticism and motivating praise in a timely manner.
- Assist the Abel leadership with other activities and tasks as assigned.
- 4-year BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of project management experience in the implementation arena.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant project experience related to custom or COTS systems.
- Proven solutions experience with SDLC and Agile implementation methodologies.
- Demonstrated strong working experience building project-related artifacts (e.g., detailed design documents, user stories, use cases, testing/conversion plans, wireframes, overall implementation plans, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with change management and solution governance approaches and execution.
- Comfortable in playing SME role in all project workstreams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, SharePoint, and related technologies in the context of project management activities.
- Possess written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all low to mid-level personnel (up to Director level) within the client, project, and consulting services organization.
- Exceptional client management and teamwork skills; comfortable with challenging others’ ideas and working with disparate groups to bring about consensus.
- Capacity to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong track record in managing concurrent tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, changing, demanding environment with quality results.
- Exemplary analytical and critical thinking skills to assist with problem-solving and business rule definition, and to identify and negotiate solutions to address project challenges.
- Handles ambiguity without losing focus and can perform with minimal direction.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.