Custom Application Development
Abel Solutions has a rich history of delivering successful custom application development projects since our inception. Our strong commitment to project management, software delivery methodology, and technology competency has resulted in quality solutions that have met and exceeded our customers’ unique needs across a variety of industries.
Abel Solutions leverages our time-tested Project Management and Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies to work in coordination with our client, as a partner and guide, in addressing their goals. Our Project Management Methodology emphasizes consistency and timeliness to effectively manage expectations and keep stakeholders abreast of the project status through strong project and communications planning as well as solid change, risk, issue, and knowledge management.
Abel Solutions’ Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodology is stringent to ensure that all of the necessary aspects of software development are addressed (e.g. requirements, design, quality assurance, etc.) and yet flexible enough to be customized to fit the needs and size warranted by the project and client. Our methodology includes a component of “reflection” that includes periodic evaluations of current state and process in an effort of continuous improvement.
Our development practices and tools draw from the best ideas in the field:
- Definition of project-specific standards and terminology up front;
- Leveraging of code generation tools and standard persistence frameworks;
- Storage of source code in robust, secure, networked, versioned code repositories;
- Standard use of unit testing to detect issues and provide efficient regression testing;
- Automated evaluation of code against a large set of standards, conventions and design patterns;
- Automated, continuous integration and build;
- Specialized performance, stress and security testing;
- Tracking of issues and test results; and
- Generation and delivery of robust code documentation, from comments in the code.