You may have caught the announcement made by Microsoft last week regarding the retirement of SharePoint 2010 workflows. In case you missed it, here are a couple of key takeaways:
- This announcement is specific to Microsoft 365.
- Starting 8/1/2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for any newly created tenants.
- Starting 11/1/2020, Microsoft will remove the ability to run, or create, and or execute SharePoint 2010 workflows from existing tenants.
- While SharePoint 2013 workflows are not impacted at this time, they will follow a similar retirement path in the future.
- The recommendation is to move to Power Automate or other supported solution, such as Nintex before November 1st, 2020.
There are several tools available to help you assess the impact in your environment including the SharePoint Modernization Scanner. And, of course, Abel Solutions is here to help – contact us today for peace of mind.
Learn more: https://bit.ly/32enf1a
Posted by Eric Gregorich, Sr. Solutions Architect