February 10, 2020
Microsoft Teams is rolling out an enhanced scheduling experience mid-February 2020.
The existing scheduling form will be replaced with a new form that retains all existing scheduling functionality. The new form provides an improved view of available time; allows changing event information from the scheduling assistant tab; and includes an option for required and optional attendees. The new form also includes search within the location picker.
Additional features for organizers include:
- All day events: a new toggle converts meetings to an all-day event.
- Availability status: both people and location search provide a visual clue (red) to indicate non-availability.
- Cancellation with message: provides a message when cancelling an event if desired.
- Tabs in edit/view mode: tabs provide easy access to chats, meeting notes, files, scheduling assistant, and white board.
- Time zone picker: meeting schedulers can select the time zone they wish to use for the meeting; by default the form selects the system time zone.
Those invited to a meeting may choose whether to RSVP and, if so, to add a message to an RSVP if desired.
Stay up to date on Roadmap ID 54364
Posted by Jason Bell, Strategist & Chief Technologist