Enterprise Content Management
The Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) defines Enterprise Content Management (ECM) as “the technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes.”
SharePoint’s early history as a collaboration tool led it to be belittled by niche ECM players. However SharePoint’s substantial enhancements in the 2010 and 2013 releases led Gartner to proclaim SharePoint as one of the few platform players firmly rooted in the “leaders/visionaries Magic Quadrant” in their Magic Quadrant for ECM report published October 2012.
Let’s face it: Your company is already using SharePoint for collaboration and electronic document management. Let us show you the full business value of SharePoint for ECM.
- Document management including meta-tagging, check in/check out, version control, security and search
- Accounts payable imaging, capture, approval and GL coding
- Contract/legal document imaging and capture
- HR document imaging and capture
- Records management
- Other document-centric line of business functions
- Leverage your investment in this existing enterprise platform
- Common interface for content management, workflow and management of tasks and work item status
- Minimize need for additional training
- Preclude need to add another platform/system that will require administration and operational expertise
Tools and Technologies
SharePoint “out of the box” features for ECM are very rich. They include state of the art document management, records management, search and tight integration with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and the Windows desktop environment.
A wide array of third party add-ons are available for imaging and capture, ERP integration, workflow and vertically integrated solutions. Abel Solutions has established key partnerships with the following established SharePoint product providers:
- KnowledgeLake imaging, capture and ERP integration suite
- Bottomline Transform AP accounts payable automation solution
- Nintex Workflow suite for SharePoint business process automation